Job Profile-Asst Manager (Legal)
|Role Title||Assistant Manager – Legal|
|Reports to – Functionally||AVP- Legal|
|Direct Reporting From||NA|
|Qualification||LLB/ LLM from reputed college|
I. Purpose of the role:
To manage the court cases filed by/against the NSE by conducting case law research and preparing drafts for reply to case matters. To facilitate the amendments to the Rules, Byelaws and Regulations of NSE and maintaining the database of amendment requirements. To draft and provide appropriate responses to queries, NOCs. etc.
II. Key Responsibilities : (This should reflect the process/sub-process in which the position plays a role and specifically indicate the actions to be taken. Please include a maximum of 8 key responsibilities)
|S.No.||Key Responsibility||Descriptive Parameters|
|1||Litigations||1. Update the case facts and proceedings to the
information management system in a timely basis.
2. Send the information on the entire case history to the lawyers identified to manage the case and brief them on the nuances of the case details.
3. Attend the court hearing for the cases and continuously keep track of all the proceedings in each of the case hearings.
4. Conduct case law research/ legal research on the legal database having all past cases/internet to find answers to the proposition in question in the cases pending in the courts under the guidance of the AVP.
5. Draft the replies to the case matters in case it is done in house and obtain AVP’s approval.
6. Collect additional data to verify the factual content of the reply drafted to the court matters
7. Draft appeal for cases being appealed before the higher courts and obtain AVP’s verification and approval.
|2||Rule making||1. To keep track of various issues which may need
amendments in Byelaws, Rules and Regulations and to
draft amendments to the Rules, Byelaws and Regulations
of the Exchange and the Clearing Corporation whenever
2. Conduct web search to find the financial norms and regulations followed in international exchanges.
|3||Non- Litigations||1. Prepare required drafts for legal notices,
agreements, internal department queries and letters.
2. Draft case for opinions for obtaining legal opinions.
3. Draft the various agreements viz., Non Disclosure Agreements, Leave and License Agreements, Service Level Agreements; vet the agreements and documents forming part of the agreements.
4. Provide advice/ give opinion on non-litigation matters to various departments on various queries relating to the Rules, Byelaws and Regulations, agreement clauses, copyright and disclaimer issues, advertisements/brochures etc.
5. Prepare notices to the exchange related matters and replying to the notices.
|4||Process improvements and system developments||1. Implement the initiatives designed for the process excellence.|
Note: The principal responsibilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organisational requirements.
Collaboration – Internal & External
|Internal Stakeholder||External Stakeholder|
Role Holder Requirements
|Educational Qualifications||Essential – LLB from reputed College
Desired – NA
|Role Requirements||Additional Diploma / certificate course in Securities Law|
|Experience||Essential – 1-3 years of experience in financial services
Desired – Relevant experience in Core/corporate legal team in financial services.
Competencies required for the role
|Behavioural competencies||Functional competencies|
|Business Acumen||Drafting Skills|
|Innovation and Improvement||Application of legal knowledge to work requirements|
|Teamwork||Usage of software applications and tools|
|Managing relationships||Managing Work processes|
|Living the values|